TOTAL TIME: 0:30
YIELD: 4 servings
- 3 green onions
- 1 1/4 lb. salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- brioche buns
- Slice green onions. In food processor, pulse salmon fillets, half of onions, curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt until finely chopped. Form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Cut red cabbage into 1-inch-thick slices; spray with cooking spray. Grill, covered, on medium-high until lightly charred, 3 minutes per side. Spray patties with cooking spray. Grill to desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Slice cabbage and toss with green apple, cider vinegar, remaining onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve burgers on brioche buns with slaw and mayonnaise.
Kitchen Tip: If using wild salmon, check for doneness sooner. It cooks faster, as it’s leaner.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 565 cals, 36 g protein, 56 g carbs, 22 g fat (7 g sat), 7 g fiber, 970 mg sodium.